Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I want an iPhone


There are already a whole host of people posting smug announcements that they predicted the iPhone years ago. I didn't think that Apple would brave such a crowded market.

I remember hearing somewhere that Nokia was talking freely about how, in the grand scheme of personal electronic devices, the iPod was a drop in the bucket. The 40m unit sales of iPods pales in comparison to the number of mobile phones that have sold. I don't expect Nokia are particularly worried about the iPhone either.

It will be interesting to read the early reviews and find out whether they've managed to deliver on everything that the website is promising. You certainly don't want a phone that has the glitches that some of the iPods out there have had. I'm also keen to know how much it will cost and whether it will be available in the UK. Unless the reviews are really negative or it costs as much as a laptop I'll be lining up to get one.

No comments: