Sunday, October 29, 2006

Planting Change on Widsets

I recently discovered Widsets . It's a relatively modest site of uncertain origin that is doing something cool and relatively new. It's a bit like AvantGo 2.0. You download a client to your mobile phone and then you're able to subscribe to RSS feeds. They've also made it easy to publish your own feed.

It's similar to a service in the UK that's been advertising on South West Trains (Commuter trains in part of London) called Mobizines . Mobizines also involves downloading a client to your phone and then subscribing to content. You can, by the looks of it, also subscribe to RSS feeds but the majority of the 'pitch' is towards established media brands like GQ and Glamour. The Widset client feels much leaner than the Mobizine one and loads more quickly and smoothly on my Nokia N80.

I'm not sure how much I'll use the Widset client on my mobile but it looks like I have 5 subscriptions to my RSS feed (5 more than via the standard internet). I don't expect anyone to actually read the feed but you never know.

I've you're interested you should check it out:

Add to my Widsets

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.